1) Selected applicants must commit to:
2) Submission of an application does not guarantee selection for any part of the program or funding.
3) The applicant will be selected for the program at the sole discretion of Karandaaz and its partners.
4) Karandaaz retains the right to accept or reject any application without providing a reason.
5) Karandaaz retains the right to negotiate the budget proposed by the applicant and rationalize it in consultation with the applicant.
6) Invitation to pitch for funding will be made at the sole discretion of Karandaaz. Decisions of Karandaaz judges will be considered final and will not be open to contestation.
The challenge is open for all market players operating in the financial inclusion space that are registered in Pakistan, including but not limited to:
Marketplaces, lifestyle apps, ride hailing apps, banks, branchless banking providers, fintechs, NBFIs, MFIs/MFBs and other relevant market players. The applicants should be registered in Pakistan. This program is not open to individuals.
Start-ups that have grown beyond the MVP stage and have acquired customers that are generating revenue for the company are eligible.
In FIWC-2020, Karandaaz is primarily looking for tech-based solutions. However, you are encouraged to apply if you have a blend of digital and non-digital solution and have a solid proposition for financial inclusion of women.
The challenge is targeting products, services and viable financial solutions, and is not open to research projects.
Karandaaz seeks to help applicants develop, refine and scale ways to reduce the gender gap in financial inclusion.
Applicants’ proposed solutions are expected to lead to (any one, few or all) of the following outcomes
You will only need to fill out an online application form. However, shortlisting applicants will be required to fill a proposal document on Karandaaz provided template (provided to only shortlisted applicants).
Applicants will receive milestone-based grant and exposure to segmentation study done on Pakistani women for the use of Digital Financial Services
If selected, you will commit to:
1) Measuring direct users and beneficiaries, as well as indirect beneficiaries of project.
2) Participating in lesson learning and experience sharing activities for internal and
3) Providing a demonstration of the product or service.
4) Participating in Karandaaz annual review process.
There is no application fee for participation.
Submission of application(s) does not guarantee selection for funding.
Submission of applications does not guarantee selection for the programme. Karandaaz retains the right to reject applications without providing any reason. Decisions made by Karandaaz or its appointees at all stages of the selection and financial award process will be considered final and will not be contestable.